Mother's Day is just about here and it's a great opportunity to get in the picture with your children. We spend so much time photographing our little ones growing and changing that we forget to get in front of the camera with them. If you're like me, sometimes you purposely avoid it with the excuse that you're just not camera ready and don't like to have your picture taken. My hair is a mess, I look tired, or I'm just not dressed right for a photo. Well, we have to realize that those things don't matter and when your kids look back at these memories, they will only notice what does matter. They are going to see that you were there. They will see real life and cherish each and every image.
So, let's quit making excuses and get in at least one picture on Mother's Day! Here are a few tips.
1. Dust off the tripod and set your self-timer on your camera. This is a great way to get the entire family in the picture. You don't have to get everyone to stare at the camera. Some of my favorite family photos are the candid, laugh out loud shots.
2. Hand that camera over to your husband or whomever may be spending some time with you on Mother's Day.
3. Let the kids be themselves. Don't force them to take a picture if they are not ready. Prepare for it when the time is right for them.
4. If you feel self-conscious in front of the camera, put your youngest child on your lap or stand slightly behind them. Keep everyone close together.
5. Take your best shots and frame a few or make a small print album of your day. Don't leave those photos sitting on your camera card or phone. Your children will appreciate actual printed memories 20 years from now. Print them as soon as possible.
6. Hiring a family photographer is a great way to get in photos with your kids. Who wouldn't love to see a beautiful portrait with mom and the family hanging in their family room? I love these photo sessions because the images are priceless and your children will thank you later. This is an easier way to relieve some of the stress of photo taking and to walk away with a collection of high quality prints.
Wishing you all a Happy Mother's Day full of love, hugs and PHOTOS!
Interested in a photo session this summer? Contact me to start planning your story today!
#MothersDay #crystalcoastfamilyphotographer #MommyandMePhotoSession #moreheadcityphotographer #Familyportrait #photography #AtlanticBeachNCPhotographer #Inspiration #photographytips #beachsession #portraitphotographer #ChildPhotographer